In addition to its use in fashion and accessories, leather is also used in technical products.
Thanks to its unique properties, leather has been widely used in industrial and technical sectors, offering significant advantages in terms of performance and resistance. In this article, we will explore what is leather for technical products and its various applications.
What is Leather for Technical Products?
Technical leather is a specialized form of leather that undergoes additional treatment and finishing processes to meet specific requirements of various industries. It is typically made from the skin of animals, such as cattle, sheep, and pigs, which are tanned using chemical and natural methods to make it even more resistant, durable, and suitable for different technical purposes.
Applications of Leather as a Technical Product
- Automotive Industry: leather is often used in the automotive industry to cover the seats of vehicles. Its wear resistance, ease of cleaning and aesthetic appeal makes it a popular choice for providing comfort and sophistication to car interiors.
- Aviation industry: in this sector leather is used in seats and cabin trim. In addition to durability, leather is valued for its ability to not accumulate static electricity, which is important in sensitive aeronautical environments.
- Protective Equipment: Leather is used in the manufacture of gloves, aprons and other protective equipment due to its resistance to erosion, cuts and chemical splashes.
- Safety Footwear: In the construction industry and in dangerous working environments, safety footwear made of leather is used to provide protection to the feet against impacts and mechanical risks.
- Durability and Strength: Leather is known for its durability, making it able to withstand daily wear and tear and harsh environments.
- Abrasion Resistance: Leather is highly resistant to abrasions and scratches, making it ideal for applications that require protection against wear and tear.
- Ease of Cleaning: Leather is a material that can be easily cleaned and sanitized, making it a practical choice for many industries.
Leather for technical products is a valuable and versatile resource, appreciated for its long-lasting properties, strength, and aesthetic appeal.
If you are looking for leather for technical products, we have a range that you can find on our website.